Special Flood Disaster Assistance
Dear Friends of Center for People in Need,
The catastrophic flooding across our state is much more than a top news story everywhere we look. It’s left many of our neighbors, friends and families with little or nothing.
As friends of the Center, we know you have great compassion for others in need so we’d like to share ways you might be able to help. The Center has already provided a truckload of needed items – food, diapers, cleaning supplies, personal care items, etc. – to flood victims in the Fremont area. We continue to get requests for supplies to go to the flooded areas, as well as offers to help transport these items to these communities. The need is immense and many concerned Nebraskans are stepping forward to help.
If you wish to help with efforts through the Center, specific items being sought include:
- Shovels (anything to help with major cleanup)
- Blankets / Towels / Tarps
- Work Gloves - prefer waterproof
- Bleach and other Disinfectants
- Face Masks / Respirators for Mold
- Mud Boots
- Hazmat Suits
- Trash Bags
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Soap
- Batteries and Flashlights
- Toilet Paper
- Socks and Underwear
- Kids Clothes
- Pet Food and supplies
- Personal Care Items
- Plastic Totes and Containers Warehouse Manager Salahuddin Obaid fills a truck delivering flood relief items in the Fremont area.
- Diapers, baby bottles, formula & other baby care items
- Bug spray / d-CON Rat and Mouse Bait
Bring donations to:
Center for People in Need
3901 N 27th St.
Lincoln, NE 68521
Come to Door #1. We accept donations of goods Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Those wishing to make a monetary donation can make it via mail or online by CLICKING HERE. If writing a check, please put “Flood Relief” in the Memo line and mail to the address above.
As always, thank you for any help you can provide.
Chris Funk Beatty Brasch
Executive Director Founder/Advocate