ClientUpdate: Special Edition 3/19
Given the latest developments and recommendations from federal, state and local officials, we have taken further action at the Center to protect you and our workers from the risk of COVID-19 infection. Your health and safety remains one of our top concerns.
Here’s a quick rundown of the precautions we’re taking at this time:
- Our lobby is closed to reduce face-to-face interactions as much as possible. Staff is still available to help over the phone at 402.476.4357 or via email at email@example.com.
- March 23, distribution will become a drive-thru. You will be asked to stay in your car for the entire process. Please bring your Center Card. If your Center Card is expired, bring it anyway. For those of you who use public transportation, walk-ups will be processed at Door 2. The limit is still 1 distribution per week for food and 1 distribution per month for diapers.On Monday,
- FoodNet has been asked to halt distribution at our site temporarily to accommodate the changes we’ve made to distribution. To locate other FoodNet distributions, visit their website at foodnetlincoln.org.
- Commodities clients will also be handled in our drive-thru process.
- All off-site distribution sites remain open at this time, and we plan to distribute at each once per month. Please stay tuned for updates.
- All programs and services other than food and diaper distribution have been closed temporarily. This includes ELL, the Donation Room, T.R.A.D.E., etc.
Please continue watching our website and social media channels for more information. As the situation evolves, we will continue to evolve our processes to reduce the risk of infection at the Center.
Remember, when it comes to preventing the spread of illness, YOU are the first line of defense. Handouts on how to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 are available in several languages to help you in your own prevention efforts. If you haven’t already begun practicing preventative measures, please read these handouts and implement their suggestions to protect yourself and your family.
If you are displaying symptoms of illness or have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home. There are resources available for those who are homebound and we will do our best to connect you with them. Please email your situation and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get an idea of how many people are needing services.
We will continue doing our best to limit your risk based on the most current information and recommendations from federal, state and local officials. For more information about the Coronavirus outbreak, visit lincoln.ne.gov.