We Can Help You
Need more food for your household? Can't afford food by the end of the month? Skipping meals so your kids can eat?
You can get free food at the Center for People in Need. We distribute food four days a week at several locations in Lincoln.
- You are eligible for free food if your income is no higher than 180% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Here are the current income guidelines for the number of people in your household.
- You need to have a Center for People in Need identification card to receive food at any of the distribution sites.
- If you don't have a CFPIN ID card you can get one at our office at 3901 North 27th Street or at any CFPIN distribution. You will need to bring a valid photo identification card and proof of income, such as a pay stub.
Center for People in Need Distributes Food at Five Locations in Lincoln:
- Center for People in Need, 3901 N. 27th St.
- F Street Recreation Center, 1225 F St.
- The Bay, 2005 Y St.
- Oak Lake Church, 3300 N. 1st St.
- Fourth Presbyterian Church, 5200 Francis St.
See our monthly schedule of food distribution locations and times.
See our map of food distribution locations.
Another source of free food in Lincoln is FoodNet, an organization sponsoring many food distributions in Lincoln and surrounding communities every day of the week. Anyone can receive food from FoodNet. There are no income guidelines and no ID card is required. FoodNet distributes food at our facility every Wednesday afternoon from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.