How to apply for or update a card
If you live in Lincoln or Lancaster County and need assistance, you can apply for a CFPIN ID Card to receive services at the Center for People in Need.
The following items are required in order to receive or update a Center Card:
- Photo ID for all adults requesting a card.
- Documents verifying date of birth for all members of the household, including spouse, roommates, and minors. If minors are foster care of guardianship placement or if there is a custody agreement in place, please bring documents to support this.
- A piece of mail with name and current address, or a lease signed within 30 days if mail is not available.
- Income verification, including any and all that apply:
- A paycheck stub or last year's tax return
- Child support
- Foster care stipend
- A written and signed letter from a person you are receiving financial assistance from
- SSI - retirement or disability
- or any other income anyone in the household receives
Family Income Requirements
The financial requirement is that your household income should be no greater than 180% of the Federal Poverty Level. Here are the income guidelines:
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Income|
For each additional family member, add $663.
If your monthly household income is less than or equal to the maximum income listed above for your household size, you can come to our office and complete an application form with one of our intake staff. Client intake hours are:
- Monday: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Please come to Door 1 and ask to complete an application for a CFPIN ID card.